BEST TIME TO CLIMB KILIMANJARO
Kilimanjaro offers a perfect balance of weather during January to mid-February when it’s both cool and dry. From May through July, you may feel warm as the weather becomes drier and quite sunny. From August to September, you may feel warm but in high altitude you will face bitter cold. July – September was recently voted “the best time to climb Kilimanjaro”.
Climb Kilimanjaro Guide – Month By Month:
March – and the first half of May are the wettest season in which visiting Mount Kilimanjaro requires extra preparations and choosing the heavy rain gear.
- May – October – You will feel warm but nights on high altitude of Kilimanjaro have bitter cold.
- August – September – Is the Best Month to Climb Mount Kilimanjaro. However, you will face the highest traffic during these months.
- November – December-Are the short rainy seasons.
- July – October – is the long dry season or high season. Kilimanjaro’s success rate is highest at the beginning of this time. So, it is also known as the best time to climb Kilimanjaro. The price remains high during this time and you will face the highest traffic during this time.
- Mid-March – May is the heavy rainy season or also known as wet season. Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro can be possible only on the Rongai Route during this time.
- November – December is the short rainy season.
- January – Mid-March is the warm season. During this time, the day time temperature remains quite warm but not much like the dry season. You will face less traffic this time. So, it is also known for the best time to climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
Email / call us with any questions about weather and other details about climbing this beautiful mountain.
Have a question? Then Call Us Now
request a quote
We are committed to providing our guests with an unparalleled level of service, ensuring their stay in Tanzania is always memorable and enjoyable
Because of which we endeavour to push our limits and surpass their desire by giving them the most paramount climbing & safari experience of their lifetime.